Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Final Exam - Grammar ANSWERS





 
Decide if you should use “so” or “neither” to show similarity, and complete the sentences using the pronouns / nouns in brackets. (Don’t forget to use a comma and “and”)

  1. He knows how to swim. (we)
    He knows how to swim, and so do we.
  2. She enjoyed herself. (I)
    She enjoyed herself, and so did I.
  3. He isn't lazy. ( I)
    He isn’t lazy, and neither am I.
  4. He'll never be rich. ( I)
    He’ll never be rich, and neither will I.
  5. I've lost a lot of money. (my brother Tim)
    I’ve lost a lot of money, and so has my brother Tim.

    ***************************************************
    Complete the sentences with the Simple Present, the Present Continuous, the Simple Past, the Past Continuous or the Present Perfect of the verbs in brackets and put the adverbs in the correct place. 
1.       Portuguese banks open (to open) at 8 o'clock.
2.       They always play (to play) the piano in the evening.
3.       Yesterday she wasn’t (not/to be) in a good mood because she lost (to lose) her keys.
4.       Last year she spent (to spend) most of her time on the beach.
5.       I haven’t eaten (not/to eat) fish since I was eleven.
6.       I was listening (to listen) to music when you called (to call) last night.
7.       Did she go (she/to go) to Spain two years ago?
8.       She usually goes (usually/to go) to school by bus.
9.       She gave (to give) him a watch yesterday.
10.   I haven’t bought (not/to buy) a carpet yet.
11.   He swims (to swim) three miles every day.
12.   Let's go away! We have been (to be) here for more than two hours.
13.   Where did you go (you/to go) for a holiday last year?
14.   She is very tired because she hasn’t slept (not/to sleep) for two days.
15.   My mother just went / has just gone (just/to go) to the market.
16.   Mr. Morgan is the tallest man I have ever known (ever/to know).
17.   My mother likes (to like) vegetables and so we eat (to eat) vegetable soup very often.
18.   She usually goes (to go) to work by car.
19.   Peter can't come to the phone right now. He is taking (to take) a shower.
20.   While they were having (to have) dinner, someone knocked (to knock) at the door.
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment