Saturday, October 3, 2015

More Practice -- Participial Adjectives


Fill in the gaps with the adjectives in brackets. 

  1. He's such a monotonous speaker. I was ________________ stiff. (bored / boring)
  2. Most sequels are ________________. (disappointed / disappointing)
  3. I had such a ________________ day that I went straight to bed. (tired / tiring)
  4. Everyone's very ________________ about the news. (excited / exciting)
  5. That lamp produces a very ________________ effect. (pleased / pleasing)
  6. The whole school was ________________ by the tragic event. (saddened / saddening)
  7. I don't like watching ________________ films on my own. (depressed / depressing)
  8. I was ________________ when she told me she'd got divorced. (amazed / amazing)
  9. He's such a ________________ guy. He only ever talks about himself. (bored / boring)
  10. I'm very ________________ in films and theatre. (interested / interesting)
  11. No one knew what would happen next. We were all _____________. (intrigued / intriguing)
  12. It was a very ________________ situation. (interested / interesting)
  13. There's been some very ______________ news. (surprised / surprising)
  14. His mother was _____________ by what she found under his bed. (disgusted / disgusting)
  15. Their hamburgers are ________________. (disgusted / disgusting)
  16. Dad always arrives home from work thoroughly _____________. (exhausted / exhausting)
  17. He's always showing off. It's really _______________. (annoyed / annoying)
  18. I think Alex is one of the most ________________ people I've ever met. He can't keep still for a second. (annoyed / annoying)
  19. I walked into this restaurant and there was Andy with a strange woman. He seemed really ________________. (embarrassed / embarrassing)
  20. She kept talking about her boyfriend problems all night. It was rather _______________. (embarrassed / embarrassing)

No comments:

Post a Comment